Switching formula?

Our 2 month old baby is very fussy, gassy and has been fighting feedings lately. I was exclusively pumping due to a fast letdown and he not being able to breastfeed without choking. His doctor recommended that I exclusively pump if that continued. Now, I'm not producing enough to keep him satisfied, so... show more Our 2 month old baby is very fussy, gassy and has been fighting feedings lately. I was exclusively pumping due to a fast letdown and he not being able to breastfeed without choking. His doctor recommended that I exclusively pump if that continued. Now, I'm not producing enough to keep him satisfied, so we've been supplement with Enfamil Premium Gentlease.

Lately, he's been fighting at every formula bottle. He goes for a couple without pooping occasionally, then an explosion. His poops these past few days have been a dark, tar like stool that is slightly runny. I think it's the formula, and was trying to wait until his next check-up to ask his doctor, but that's not for another 2 weeks and I can't get him in any sooner. They won't accept his insurance without being listed as the PCP, which is in the works.

We have two other children who were on Similac when they were infants. Our daughter was on Similac Sensitive, our older son was on Alimentum (he had an allergic to milk protein). When we introduced our newest to the Enfamil, he seemed to take well to it, so his ped advised just to keep him on it. I'm not sure whether to guy a small can of Similac or wait to speak with his doctor. Poor little guy is having a hard time today.