How to ask this politely?

There’s this Asian guy who lives in my apartment complex. He is right next door to me. He often comes and leaves gifts at my door like fruits and things. He has been living there for a little over a year.. he says he lives there with his wife.. the problem is though is I’ve never seen his wife...never seen her even... show more There’s this Asian guy who lives in my apartment complex. He is right next door to me. He often comes and leaves gifts at my door like fruits and things. He has been living there for a little over a year.. he says he lives there with his wife.. the problem is though is I’ve never seen his wife...never seen her even once. I sometimes see him holding his door open and apparently hollering back and forth with someone inside, but I can never hear a woman’s voice.. I only hear him yelling. I can’t understand either.. it’s some Asian Language. I want to ask him how come I have never seen his wife if she lives with him.. but I don’t want to be prying or anything like that. I just think it’s strange and I’d like to finally see her one day, maybe!
Update: How exactly am I “whack” for wanting to get to know my friendly neighbor a little better and meet his wife?