Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 2 years ago

why didn't they mention in school that Hitler was fighting Communism?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Because he wasn't, really.

He invade Poland while entering a pact with the Soviets. So how is that fighting Communism given Poland wasn't communist?

He invade a lot of people's countries. He killed a lot of people.

Only some of them were communists.

You're a failure.

• 2 years ago

Cos Hitler gassed tonnes of people which was a ridiculous over reaction

Fans of nazu adolf need a brick in the face

• 2 years ago

Because it wasn't that simplistic:

"Everything I undertake is directed against Russia. If the West is too stupid and blind to grasp this, then I shall be compelled to come to an agreement with Russia, beat the West and then after their defeat turn against the Soviet Union with all my forces."

Discussion with Jacob Burckhardt, League of Nation commissioner. Quoted in Norman Rich, Hitler's War Aims: Ideology, the Nazi State, and the Course of Expansion pg. 126

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Because the teachers were communist and obsessed with replacing the population with peasants.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Fred
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

I doubt fighting Communism was his reason for invading Russia. He did believe Russia was a backwards country and at the time it was no where as industrialised as Germany and was being held back by Stalin and communism. He saw it as a resource rich country which if he controlled would give him huge deposits of oil and metal ores he could use to manufacture and drive his plans for world domination. He saw the people as subhuman and not ready for war and ideal for slavery to built his 1,000 year Reich. Before WW2 Russia was no real threat to any other country, but by the end of the war it had become a militarily strong country and that is when communism became a real threat to other countries as it now had the power and confidence to be a threat to any country in the world.

• 2 years ago

He wasnt fighting the idea of Communism the whole time until he opened the eastern front.

• 2 years ago

Ah why indeed, maybe because it was expected of you to be able to work that little bit out for yourself, along with his fighting against the democracies and just about anybody else he happen to take a disliking too.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Actually, to be more correct, it was Marxism, and apparently you went to a school where they didn't teach much history and they didn't encourage you to do outside reading. It isn't like you couldn't find a copy of Mein Kampf easily enough and read it yourself. I read it when I was 15 or 16, I think. The high school library had a copy.

• 2 years ago

Because the USSR was part of the Alliance forces, and hence on the side of the "Righteous".

Actually, they do, since communists (or some versions of communists - bolshevists, petrovosts, Leninists, and about a dozen other groupings -- were being gathered with jews, gypsies and other "undesirables".

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

That wouldn't make him any less of an a-hole.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.