Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 2 years ago

Would you like to meet your ancestors from 700 years ago?

Update:

@0NE TRlCK P0NY - but would just seeing how exotic they were compared to their descendants today not be curious in itself?

Plus many ancestors of many modern day english speakers wouldn't have spoken any type of English at all back then anyhow it's worth remembering .

163 Answers

Relevance
  • M.
    Lv 7
    2 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes.

From my father's unknown parents, to all my great grandparents, and keep going back. 200 to 300 years could be very interesting. I could probably converse with them.

3 generations ago, few of my ancestors spoke English.

But 700 years? They'd probably be vikings or something. They might not be amenable to talking. They might think I was their enemy!

A truly interesting question.

I give you👍!

• 2 years ago

Yes, my heritage is English. My last name is one syllable long, but 700 years ago it was three. I would like to ask them, if you couldn't spell the damn word, why did you pick it as a surname?

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Yesssssssss

• 2 years ago

yes..im sure they have great stories to share!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 years ago

That would be cool. Half my ancestors were Hawaiian royalty and the other half were humble fisherman in Norway :)

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Omg that is the dream, I could ask them so much

• 2 years ago

Yes

• ?
    Lv 5
    2 years ago

Id certainly would like to meet my ancestors would be an interesting experience anyway.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

No, at least not on my Mom's side, they are the disturbed ones.

• 2 years ago

yeap

• Bobby Lee2 years agoReport

R? He got an R, :} Trying some new material? I have seen you before just typing R. ?

• 2 years ago

Yes

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.