What matters in life?

If all life on earth died would it matter? Earth would just be another planet orbiting the sun and there would be no one to care about life not being here. So what do we do while we're here? Why we do we confuse ourselves with all this stuff we think we ought to value? For some it's religion and others... show more If all life on earth died would it matter? Earth would just be another planet orbiting the sun and there would be no one to care about life not being here.

So what do we do while we're here? Why we do we confuse ourselves with all this stuff we think we ought to value? For some it's religion and others they say things like "music is my life"...

I think this culture causes people to have self esteem issues... People just want to work and enjoy themselves but we're caught up trying to feel important. You think you're above that sort of thinking but then you see others taking interest and excitement in things and makes you question your own self worth. I don't use Facebook much, but once i posted a photo of myself looking pretty good and had a girl i knew unfriend me, I remember her from a while back and think she liked me.

But really nothing matters. Logically how do you derive a value? There are just wants and desires which are a different thing.