Does anyone else think the stars are different? (see details)?

I've always enjoyed looking up at the stars in the sky so it's always been a familiar sight for me. However, this last few months, the sky looks different to how I remember. There seem to be much more stars than I remember with many many more clusters and groups. Also, the other day I could clearly see the... show more I've always enjoyed looking up at the stars in the sky so it's always been a familiar sight for me. However, this last few months, the sky looks different to how I remember. There seem to be much more stars than I remember with many many more clusters and groups. Also, the other day I could clearly see the galactic plane which surprised me because I've only ever seen it in Africa before, never in the UK.
I'm not making any assumptions or theories, I'm just wondering if anyone else has had the same feeling that I've been experiencing recently.