Religion and Spirituality?

A question to Christians:- Have we ever really noticed that the last command of Jesus to his apostles was to make, of all nations, not merely Christian believers but DISCIPLES - talmidim- and "teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you." A disciple is one who learns -there is nothing static or... show more A question to Christians:- Have we ever really noticed that the last command of Jesus to his apostles was to make, of all nations, not merely Christian believers but DISCIPLES - talmidim- and "teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you." A disciple is one who learns -there is nothing static or living in a faith 'comfort zone' for a disciple. Matthew A question to Christians:- Have we ever really noticed that the last command of Jesus to his apostles was to make, of all nations, not merely Christian believers but DISCIPLES - talmidim- and "teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you." A disciple is one who learns -there is nothing static or living in a faith 'comfort zone' for a disciple. Matthew 28:16 to the e. This calls to mind the warning about being lukewarm given in Jesus' letter to the church at Laodicea- "So, because you are neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of my mouth." Revelation 3:16 - So, is there any place in Christ's true Church for people who choose to 'sit ' in the same spiritual place (condition) or choose a limited level of commitment?
Update: The question refers to the last verses in Matthew. Yes he also commands to baptize in his name but both commands should be put together. Water baptism is normally the declaration and sealing of new faith, the verses in Matthew refer to quality of the new life in Jesus, being filled with the Holy Spirit to be... show more The question refers to the last verses in Matthew.
Yes he also commands to baptize in his name but both commands should be put together.
Water baptism is normally the declaration and sealing of new faith, the verses in Matthew refer to quality of the new life in Jesus, being filled with the Holy Spirit to be obedient to his guidance and promptings. There are records of baptisms been done in the name of Jesus and also in the name of the three persons of the Trinity -this is different subject.