How do I go about getting my inheritance that my grandpa left me?

My grandpa was very wealthy, and told me before he passed he was leaving me a very comfortable amount. Based on how much money he had I think it's a large amount. For that past six years my family has told me the money is "tied up in investments"I bought the bs for years but I realized this is a lie.... show more My grandpa was very wealthy, and told me before he passed he was leaving me a very comfortable amount. Based on how much money he had I think it's a large amount. For that past six years my family has told me the money is "tied up in investments"I bought the bs for years but I realized this is a lie. How do I go about finding out how much money is owed to me? What kind of attorney do I get? This is a serious post so please only reply if you have some kind of background or knowledge that pertains to this issue. Thank you!