Pearl Harbor Day. If You were old enough to have any memories of that time, Would you share them?

I was only 4 years old so I do not have specific memories of the day. In general terms I remember only that there was a lot of serious talking and people I had never seen cry before were suddenly crying. All my younger uncles enlisted and went to war. Even Tommy who was only 16 years old. He lied about his age... show more I was only 4 years old so I do not have specific memories of the day. In general terms I remember only that there was a lot of serious talking and people I had never seen cry before were suddenly crying. All my younger uncles enlisted and went to war. Even Tommy who was only 16 years old. He lied about his age and back then they did not check. Of the four uncles that went to war, Tommy was the only one not to return. All through school, there were Air Raid drills. We even had those drills at home. My Mother worked in a factory. It was not until the war was over that I realized she was making explosive shells and several of her co-workers had been killed on the job. I remember the victory gardens, and it seemed like everything was rationed. I still cringe when I hear a siren.