Please help I need lots of input from law people ROBBERY GUIDELINES!!?

A friend of mine is fighting a case right now for robbery which involves her robbing a trick a trick being someone trying to buy sex now my question is how can someone doing something illegal have the law on their side because they were robbed while trying to do something illegal not sure if I worded this right... show more A friend of mine is fighting a case right now for robbery which involves her robbing a trick a trick being someone trying to buy sex now my question is how can someone doing something illegal have the law on their side because they were robbed while trying to do something illegal not sure if I worded this right just really confused by the situation please help

And I was also told that someone could not take the stand and testify against an offender if they were also doing something illegal or had an intent to do something illegal is this true or false