Stepchild doesn't seem to like me, help?

I got married to my husband just a few years ago and have a child with him and another on the way. My husband has a child with another women, but the child's mother has never been in her life since she was born, so she lived with her grandparents. My husband and i moved out of the country and decided its best... show more I got married to my husband just a few years ago and have a child with him and another on the way. My husband has a child with another women, but the child's mother has never been in her life since she was born, so she lived with her grandparents. My husband and i moved out of the country and decided its best to bring his daughter to live with us. With all honesty, i couldn't be any happier. I was so excited to help raise her and become the mother she never had. Since i was in her same position with my mother leaving me and raised by my father. I even vowed to my husband i will treat her as my own. Well the problem is ever since shes been here, its like she doesn't like me. Shes mean towards me and my child and does not listen at all. She never lets me be with her father, its like she is just trying to drag us away. Ive given her all the space and let her know if she needed anything that i was here for her, i talked to my husband about it but doesn't think theres anything wrong. I understand her to be frustrated, but how can i make her feel more comfortable and be able to trust me? I would love to give her a family and life that she could ever dream for just so she doesnt feel like shes missing a motherly figure or anything out of life. Thanks :)
5 answers 5