What's the correct timeline order in the COD series ((Including zombies mode))?

I'm planning in getting an Xbox soon, which means I'll be able to play some old COD classics. However, I would very much like to know what order should all of the COD games be played in order to understand the story. And yes, I know that some COD's take place in a different universe line and such, but... show more I'm planning in getting an Xbox soon, which means I'll be able to play some old COD classics.

However, I would very much like to know what order should all of the COD games be played in order to understand the story.

And yes, I know that some COD's take place in a different universe line and such, but I still would like to play it anyways in order whether out of timeline or not.

And the same thing goes for zombies. Which COD should I play so I'll be able to play zombies mode in order as well?

So yeah, what COD's should I play in order to understand the story in both campaign mode and zombies mode?

And thanks :)