I want to join the Marines, but need advice.?

I am an 18 year old male, freshly graduated out of highschool and I just finished my first semester at a local college. I thought I had it all figured out as to what I wanted to do in my future, a nice white collar job at a desk programming video games but I started to look into the military and realized that if I... show more I am an 18 year old male, freshly graduated out of highschool and I just finished my first semester at a local college. I thought I had it all figured out as to what I wanted to do in my future, a nice white collar job at a desk programming video games but I started to look into the military and realized that if I ever wanted to make a difference in the world, what I had planned initially pales in comparison to the military.

I trust my nation, and I'm more than willing to serve no matter the cost. I'm just not sure how to explain it to my parents, or if they'd accept it. In the past they always used to "threaten" to send me to the military, but now I want to enlist and I'm not sure how they'd take it. Any ideas on what to say to them?