Etiquette- Do I have to give him the hat I got him?

No, he didn't upset me. I bought a nice leather coat for my mom's boyfriend for xmas, that also comes with a free leather hat. I did not look at the hat when I bought it because david likes anything leather, and I'm really picky. I don't usually get people things that I want, but after seeing the... show more No, he didn't upset me. I bought a nice leather coat for my mom's boyfriend for xmas, that also comes with a free leather hat. I did not look at the hat when I bought it because david likes anything leather, and I'm really picky. I don't usually get people things that I want, but after seeing the hat, I must have it. It is a newsboy style hat in vintage genuine leather. It's really cool to me, but it would be to him, too. David has lots of leather, and lots of hats. I have a limited amount of each, and it's not every day I come across such an exquisite hat. I want it, but I also feel like I'm taking it from him. I'm also afraid he'll loose it or talk it up to his meth-headed friends enough to get it stolen. But I also did get him another hat anyway. Is it stealing if I kype the hat? It's not even here yet, it's still in the mail.
8 answers 8