What does a snake pin mean?

by pin, I mean the type that you poke into clothing. it may or may have to do with the military, I'm not sure, but i've been googling this and not much is coming up. the actual front of the pin is a snake. there's no special pattern in which the snake is presented. it's also not the "don't... show more by pin, I mean the type that you poke into clothing. it may or may have to do with the military, I'm not sure, but i've been googling this and not much is coming up. the actual front of the pin is a snake. there's no special pattern in which the snake is presented. it's also not the "don't tread on me" snake. it's just a plain metal snake which is laying flat, its tail is a bit coiled up but that's all I can make out. I am also sure that this pin has a negative meaning. I heard someone comment on it, "stay strong". very very curious. all answers appreciated.
Update: the snake is not three dimensional, its tail is slightly coiled up into a swirl as though it were on flat ground, not wrapped vertically around anything. this is mostly me being an extremely curious person haha. i absolutely cannot find it ANYWHERE.