Why do soldiers avoid talking about killing?

Soldiers say they don't want to talk about it, and society says it's rude to ask, but why? Isn't that the main part of the job? Why do people have such a hard time dealing with death and carnage? I'm sure some people are uncomforatble with it but every soldier? Impossible...
Update: Who joins the military and expects to not have to kill anyone?! I get that for some its way worse than they thought, but every soldier acts like they're ashamed of what they did. IT'S YOUR JOB!!! Everyone else talks about their crap job openly why not them? Why the stigma? Are they trying not to be labeled... show more Who joins the military and expects to not have to kill anyone?! I get that for some its way worse than they thought, but every soldier acts like they're ashamed of what they did. IT'S YOUR JOB!!! Everyone else talks about their crap job openly why not them? Why the stigma? Are they trying not to be labeled as serial killers or something? Its fact that in the course of their career they will need to take lives, why not be upfront about it?