Have you ever experienced workplace bullying?

A new staff member joined our team and she seems pretty nice, very friendly. One of my coworkers, who's been there for five or six years has started to say things like "she's incompetent" and "I hope she leaves, she's terrible." Just really mean things. I said to take it easy on her... show more A new staff member joined our team and she seems pretty nice, very friendly. One of my coworkers, who's been there for five or six years has started to say things like "she's incompetent" and "I hope she leaves, she's terrible." Just really mean things.

I said to take it easy on her because she is still learning, I mean she was just hired. I made it pretty clear that I don't like talking badly about others.

Of course, now she won't acknowledge me and other coworkers have also stopped talking to me (she's the queen bee), and started complaining to my boss that she wanted to cut my lunch break because "she needed me to be there." My break was just cut, without consulting me.

The new staff member started crying in the staff room the other day, but left when she saw me and she never came back to work.

Why the hell would someone bully and act terrible? What's the point in that?

Have you experienced that before?