Help? Can I get my old number on my new phone ? (Details)?

Basically I got a iPhone on contract(O2) so I’m paying for the phone and the sim monthly. But I wanted a premium number instead of those ridiculous automated ones you get usually. So I payed 40 quid for a premium number which I chose myself. Now here’s the thing, I’m getting a different iPhone and different... show more Basically I got a iPhone on contract(O2) so I’m paying for the phone and the sim monthly. But I wanted a premium number instead of those ridiculous automated ones you get usually. So I payed 40 quid for a premium number which I chose myself. Now here’s the thing, I’m getting a different iPhone and different contract now, and I want to take my old O2 sim number (the premium one which I bought for extra money) over to my new Iphone and new contract which is on a different network (giffgaff) I can do this right? They can’t say I can’t because the number is locked to the O2 contract right? Because I bought it extra? So I deserve the right to move it where I want? Maybe if it was just automated fair enough but it’s not? understand ?
3 answers 3