What is the process to transition from a graphic designer to a fashion designer?

So me and a law student friend decided that we want to go into the fashion design business. I just got my bachelor's in graphic design and she's finishing her bachelor's in law. We are both from and live in NYC and while I have plenty of design experience (always start working while in school) I... show more So me and a law student friend decided that we want to go into the fashion design business. I just got my bachelor's in graphic design and she's finishing her bachelor's in law. We are both from and live in NYC and while I have plenty of design experience (always start working while in school) I currently do livery as a secondary income. Neither of us know how to see but I'm willing to put in the work to learn that and whatever other essential skills required for the job.

I don't really want to go back to school for this but I'm not sure what other methods it takes other than a helluva lot of self studying (and creativity which I have plus a couple of ideas for the fashion line). Any help with this transition?

Just a young man with big dreams