Is this good behavior (etiquette) on the part of my house guests staying for a week?

I have house guests that I have not seen in years. A wife (whom we know) and her husband (that we never met before) flew from her country to mine, bringing gifts for others, but they show up without a gift not even for my little girl that they know of yet did not even bother to get the child something. They are... show more I have house guests that I have not seen in years. A wife (whom we know) and her husband (that we never met before) flew from her country to mine, bringing gifts for others, but they show up without a gift not even for my little girl that they know of yet did not even bother to get the child something. They are eating our food, and sleeping in a comfortable room and are treated nicely!
It is not the material thing that matters, but a gift is a nice gesture of appreciation to me. I always buy gifts and treat people I visit with respect and appreciation. Is their behavior appropriate?