Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 2 years ago

How Badly will the death of Net neutrality affect the rest of the world?

@Evan H, On the right track dude, but you got something inside-out, Net Neutrality Stops those things from happening(we have it right now), Ajit Pai wants to kill Net Neutrality so the bad things you mentioned can then be free to happen(since the Government won't be able to stop ISPs from abusing us)

It's a time where Govt. Regulation is a good thing(like the FDA ensuring we don't get poisoned)

• Evan

The death of net neutrality is a must. Otherwise the web like other people said will become like cable, you might only be able to access certain sites if you have the premium internet package. And we just cannot let that happen

• Carpfingle2 years agoReport

It was a Hard fight to force Obama to move internet from Title 1 to Title 2, and we won and safeguarded the internet for the past few years, before Ajit Pai came along and put the web in danger again.

I think it will be catastrophic to honest competition and access.

• John

Bear with me..... When I was a kid, Saturday night was boxing night. My mother hated it but it was a male thing and we watched it. Sonny Liston battling Cassius Clay for the title, and the whole thing with Mohammed Ali and the draft. We all knew who these people were. Everybody in the world knew who the heavyweight champion of the world was, as any given time. Then came Don King - Kash Is King - and he singlehandedly destroyed boxing within about 10 years. Go outside, ask anybody who the champ is, nobody will know. Now, we have free broadcast TV - no cable. And ESPN is doing the same thing with championship sports. We don't get baseball or basketball playoffs until the finals. Ya gotta pay to watch that stuff, don't ya know? Which we aren't going to do because it's just not that important to us.

And this takes us to net neutrality. They day it becomes pay-to-play, it just isn't any fun anymore and you just don't get to be involved in that stuff because you just can't afford it.And then only the few will pay so they hike up the prices to make profits.

• Carpfingle2 years agoReport

That is horrendous! I can't live without the internetz Nooooooooo! ={

I doubt anything will change with or without it.