Does a computer with faster WiFi speeds necessarily mean it is more reliable / stable?

I got a new laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad L570) and when I use it in my room, which is quite far away from the router, i get 2 bars of signal strength and internet is quite fast compared to the HP desktop computer I have in the same room. However, I noticed that although fast, the WiFi connection is often unstable when... show more I got a new laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad L570) and when I use it in my room, which is quite far away from the router, i get 2 bars of signal strength and internet is quite fast compared to the HP desktop computer I have in the same room.

However, I noticed that although fast, the WiFi connection is often unstable when using my laptop in my room, and frequently disconnects for half a minute, while my desktop computer does not disconnect at all.