When it comes to sex, whose responsibility do you think it is to ask for consent from someone?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 years ago

Both

• 3 years ago

Not sure what you mean.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Both, but mostly males. Most still believe men aren't capable of being raped, thus women apparently don't have to ask. I absolutely refuse to sleep with someone unless I hear an audible "yes" come out of their mouths. And I don't care if we're married, I will ask every single time.

• 3 years ago

BOth are responsible.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Miles
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Everyone involved. And if it is someone you don't know very well, make sure you have their explicit verbal consent (in case that's not clear, ask "Do you want to have sex with me?" and wait for them to say Yes before doing it).

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Consent isn't something you can ask for. It's not an absolute thing, it should be both verbalised mostly by good communication prior to the very act, and a great deal of it is implied and common sense, and all of it is constantly negotiated. Consent can be withdrawn, and sometimes it can't. (You can't consent to vaginal penetration then withdraw consent the moment of penetration and call it rape, but you can withdraw it at some point and if the penetration doesn't stop that is abuse.)

You might be in pain or have to go, or for whatever reason you are allowed to be an a'rse hole and just withdraw conset cos you can. People should leave a'rse hole lovers but they shouldn't rape them.

If you don't know all this about consent and you think it's something absolute, that's yes or no, and you have to ask for it once and then it's done, you should not be having sex.

In my experience 99.9 of the population of the planet do understand how consent works, some just choose to pretend they don't.

For example, since men are physically superior to the women, or big men to small men, the bigger you are and more stronger than your lover, it's more important that you don't engage in any holding down, or wild (more passionate more assertive, god forbid aggressive) sex unless you are 100 per cent sure the physically inferior partner wants that. Much in the same way you wouldn't want your 300 lbs heavy woman partner to sit on your face and start smothering you with her obese *****, unless she was sure you dig that. Much in the same way you wouldn't want your partner to cuff you then shove a 7 inch dildo up your **** unless she was sure you like or want to try pegging.

Only ten per cent of men are sexual predators who lack the empathy to understand why consent is crucial but even about half of them are sane and understand how consent works. They just don't care to have it or enjoy not having it. All other man understand consent very well, but since you are physically stronger than women, or some gay man than some gay men you choose to pretend you just don't get consent.

Third way loons have nothing to do with this, they are what men who pretend they don't understand conset deserve. These two groups deserve each other.

So as important as it is for a woman to get conset on everything she's doing to a (consensually) restrained man, it's important for every man to do the same with every woman or every smaller man they shag.

There is, lastly, nothing less sexy and manly than a man pretending he, the poor thing, just cannot find his way in this world anymore, cos third wave and ****. Do you know that feeling when you meet or hear or see a third wave on tv, that's how women have felt for as long as there has been misogyny, so welcome to our world buttercups, grow some ******* integrity and stop whining. And if you avoid third waves and make sure you always have consent you won't have a problem.

• J
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

people don't ask for consent verbally there is consent from both parties by actions.

• 3 years ago

Technically both. But in this modern "feminist" world, it is the responsibility of the male to beg consent and the female to absolve herself of all responsibility before, during, and after the deed.

• Maria
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

If you need a 3rd party's consent, you shouldn't be doing it. Consent laws were intended to protect children.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.