What causes night terrors? Do they go away completely/ return?

I used to have frequent night terrors up until i was 14. And i dont mean nightmares. imagine being overcome with dread and the kind of fear that would literally crumble you and make you fall to your knees screaming. Night terrors as a kid were truly a horrific experience i have never felt otherwise, and honestly... show more I used to have frequent night terrors up until i was 14. And i dont mean nightmares. imagine being overcome with dread and the kind of fear that would literally crumble you and make you fall to your knees screaming. Night terrors as a kid were truly a horrific experience i have never felt otherwise, and honestly probably wont ever feel again unless im literally being hunted down by a murderer, or something of the sort. yet they abruptly just stopped, out of nowhere, when i was 14.

Any chance they will come back? What causes them?
1 answer 1