How well does the military support widows of fallen soldiers?

I've made up my mind about this a long time ago. But something happened. I met a girl and fell in love. Long story short she's pregnant. I won't back down on my decision to be a soldier though. This country needs more of them. Only 0.4 percent of the population fights and it kind of upsets me that more... show more I've made up my mind about this a long time ago. But something happened. I met a girl and fell in love. Long story short she's pregnant. I won't back down on my decision to be a soldier though. This country needs more of them. Only 0.4 percent of the population fights and it kind of upsets me that more aren't willing. So I want to help. And I need the military to take care of my family anyway as it's the best option, can't afford collage and these low paying jobs for people without education won't cover it. We are getting married before I sign up. I'm just wondering how well she will be taken care of if I don't come back. Because money for her is money for the baby. I've heard that she will receive 100,000 dollars if I were to die. Is this true? How often do they come through with this? It still isn't as much as I wanted to give them, but it's better than nothing. The only reason I'm this worried is because I'm going infantry for the marines. Combat is an inevitability.