Something seems a little off here would you sign?

My husband and I are relocating for his job. We are going to rent for the 1st year just in case things don’t work out. I went to look at a townhouse the price is very reasonable. The women who owns the complex did not have any vacant homes to show me but a women in the complex was willing to show me hers which is... show more My husband and I are relocating for his job. We are going to rent for the 1st year just in case things don’t work out. I went to look at a townhouse the price is very reasonable. The women who owns the complex did not have any vacant homes to show me but a women in the complex was willing to show me hers which is the exact same as what my husband and I would be renting. The women who owns the complex was insistent we put down our deposit of “$800” and sign the lease within 48 hours or she can’t hold the apartment. She said she had a lot of other applicants interested in the townhouse. When my husband asked to see a unit again she told him she could not continue to bother current tenenants to show us a place. I’m extremely uncomfortable signing a lease to a place we’ve never actually seen the inside of. Like I said, I saw one of someone already living there but she had so much junk I couldn’t get a feel on the size of the place. We are moving January 1st. Thoughts?
35 answers 35