Do you have to turn off the water going to your garden (hose) tap outside the house in the winter?

I live in a place that gets as cold as about -10*C on some days during the Winter. My garden tap shut off is in the crawlspace underneath, in the middle of my house, so I can't get to it. This is my first Winter here. I'm just wondering if I would need to shut it off so that a pipe doesn't burst. It... show more I live in a place that gets as cold as about -10*C on some days during the Winter.

My garden tap shut off is in the crawlspace underneath, in the middle of my house, so I can't get to it. This is my first Winter here. I'm just wondering if I would need to shut it off so that a pipe doesn't burst.

It has a rubber cap on at the end of the tap (to stop water from coming out). I don't know if that helps or not.
Update: ***UPDATE: I called a plumber (who recently installed a toilet for me and check out the pipes in the crawlspace that day) to ask him where the shut off is for the garden hose pipe. He asked me if the Bib (the garden tap/spout) was screwed to the wall. and I checked and it is. He said that I don't have to... show more ***UPDATE: I called a plumber (who recently installed a toilet for me and check out the pipes in the crawlspace that day) to ask him where the shut off is for the garden hose pipe. He asked me if the Bib (the garden tap/spout) was screwed to the wall. and I checked and it is.
He said that I don't have to worry then because it is a frost-proof tap and will be fine for the winter. I do not need to turn it off.
It's called a: Frost Proof Sillcock. :)
Thanks all of you for your helps anyway.