My dog tried to bite my dad?

ok so basically i dont know whats up with my dog. He is a pug/chihuahua mixed and we have had him for 4 years now. So recently he has been biting and trying to bite people. Last saturday i had an appointment but my mom took my dog for a walk and they were passing an old lady and my dog ended up biting the lady on... show more ok so basically i dont know whats up with my dog. He is a pug/chihuahua mixed and we have had him for 4 years now.

So recently he has been biting and trying to bite people. Last saturday i had an appointment but my mom took my dog for a walk and they were passing an old lady and my dog ended up biting the lady on her leg and it was bleeding. Then afterwards my mom said he tried to bite a man that was jogging but my mom pulled him away just in time.

Now today i just arrived from school and my dad told me that he let our gate open and my dog ended up escaping but my dad caught him and when he tried to put him in his kennel, he tried to bite my dad but my dad pulled his hand away just in time.

I honestly dont know why he has been biting recently, he usually never does this. He also has never bit me (except when he was a puppy).

i really want to know what i can do to make him stop biting, like i said before, idk why hes been biting, he knows he's not supposed to do that. My parents are planning on sending him to the pound, but i really dont want them to thats why im willing to do what i can to make him stop biting. Any ideas?