Why is it so bad to own a smart car?

I just went out and bought my first car, I was so excited, it’s a Smart passion 2012 with really good mileage, two seats, lots of room and all the extras like Bluetooth and a panoramic roof, so I was really happy. But since I’ve had it, everyone has been saying ‘you got a smart car?’ And I say yes and they laugh,... show more I just went out and bought my first car, I was so excited, it’s a Smart passion 2012 with really good mileage, two seats, lots of room and all the extras like Bluetooth and a panoramic roof, so I was really happy.

But since I’ve had it, everyone has been saying ‘you got a smart car?’ And I say yes and they laugh, and I don’t get why, why is it so bad to own a smart car? It’s cute, fast and a quiet little car, perfect for me, I don’t understand why people keep laughing and me and I don’t like it

Can someone explain