Poll: which would be a smarter choice?

Right now I’m 21 and still live at home. I just got a $12,000 car loan that I have to pay about $200 a month. I want to save up for my own place but my dad thinks it’s a smart choice to pay 7 months worth of car payments ahead of time so I don’t have to worry about paying a car payment until July of next year.... show more Right now I’m 21 and still live at home. I just got a $12,000 car loan that I have to pay about $200 a month.

I want to save up for my own place but my dad thinks it’s a smart choice to pay 7 months worth of car payments ahead of time so I don’t have to worry about paying a car payment until July of next year.

I have $1,500 saved up right now and if I pay that much car payments in advance that I’ll have to start all over for my apartment money..

Which Is a smarter choice: paying 7 months ahead of time so I don’t have to pay a car payment until July or keep saving that $1,500 for my apartment and just pay month by month?