My husband is obsessed with our neighbors daughter?

So over the past six months, my husband has become completely preoccupied with the life of our next-door neighbor's 13-year-old daughter. He's constantly talking about her, calling her, texting her, taking her out to dinner, buying her gifts, driving her to school, etc… I can't even remember the last... show more So over the past six months, my husband has become completely preoccupied with the life of our next-door neighbor's 13-year-old daughter. He's constantly talking about her, calling her, texting her, taking her out to dinner, buying her gifts, driving her to school, etc…

I can't even remember the last time he took ME out to dinner.

My husband and I are unable to have children, so initially I felt that I understood his motivations and was completely sympathetic to the whole situation. Recently, however, the whole thing is beginning to feel a little unseemly.

I'd ask the girls parents how they feel, but unfortunately the girls father died three years ago due to complications from diabetes and the mother is an alcoholic shut-in who rarely leaves her bedroom except to go to the liquor store. I asked my husband about the situation directly and he claims that he simply feels sorry for her.

How can I be sure that my husbands intentions are entirely wholesome?