If my lease ends in dec, do I have to pay that month's rent or do I get 30 days to move out?

I'm considering moving into something abit cheaper so I can save more money an the fact they are gonna raise the rent which means I'm not sure if I would be about to pay for it. My apartment lease is up next month and once I talk to the landlord next month that I'm moving do I have to still pay... show more I'm considering moving into something abit cheaper so I can save more money an the fact they are gonna raise the rent which means I'm not sure if I would be about to pay for it. My apartment lease is up next month and once I talk to the landlord next month that I'm moving do I have to still pay December's rent or do I have to move out by the end of that month? I just need a few more weeks to save money and I had a few set backs I wasn't looking to pay for.