What story sounds better?

It's for my creative writing class! There are two options I cannot choose between. The story is fantasy genre. Option 1: Katherine is raised by her grandfather (who is kind of a gangster), and becomes trained as a hustler, completing tedious tasks for him for profit. She is raised in a large manor and is... show more It's for my creative writing class! There are two options I cannot choose between. The story is fantasy genre.

Option 1: Katherine is raised by her grandfather (who is kind of a gangster), and becomes trained as a hustler, completing tedious tasks for him for profit. She is raised in a large manor and is fairly wealthy. When they discover a boat filled with dead nobles, Katherine disguises herself as a noblewoman betrothed to a Lord and travels to her birthplace, but she doesn't return to get married, she returns to find her father who has no idea she exists (She finds out she has an arrogant half-brother named Peter). Things get interesting when a girl claims that Kath is responsible for her sisters disappearance, and soon a murder takes place, which her father is blamed for the crime.

Option 2: Kath and Peter grow up together raised by their grandfather, who are both are a part of his scheming world. When they find a dead nobles on the ship, Katherine and Peter disguise themselves (Kath as noblewoman engaged to a lord, and Peter as her cousin. They return to their home region to find their father, who thinks they are both dead, but they are both being hunted down by their grandfather for running away. Things get interesting when a girl claims that Kath is responsible for her sisters disappearance, and soon a murder takes place, which her father is blamed for the crime.

Which one sounds more interesting/better put together? I would LOVE feedback!
16 answers 16