My boyfriend asked me to lose weight? Is this normal?

My boyfriend wants me to go on a diet with him because he's become super into fitness. He thinks I should lose 6-10 pounds and has a juice diet set up for us this next week. I've gained 10 pounds this year and I'm at about 120lbs, I have felt self conscious about my weight gain so I think he's... show more My boyfriend wants me to go on a diet with him because he's become super into fitness. He thinks I should lose 6-10 pounds and has a juice diet set up for us this next week. I've gained 10 pounds this year and I'm at about 120lbs, I have felt self conscious about my weight gain so I think he's remembered that and is just trying to help.
Update: I should probably add in that I'm hyper sensitive to comments about my weight, or about my health in general as I have struggled with bulimia and anorexia nervosa for several years. It's something we have discussed in years prior, but something I feel uncomfortable talking about or bringing up again.... show more I should probably add in that I'm hyper sensitive to comments about my weight, or about my health in general as I have struggled with bulimia and anorexia nervosa for several years. It's something we have discussed in years prior, but something I feel uncomfortable talking about or bringing up again. Fitness should be fitness, I have no problem with a SO wanting to see their other SO healthy- I just don't like when numbers are involved. I feel gross and like a failure.
22 answers 22