Do you believe in cursed names?

some context: i have an uncle whose name is charles, but we (i.e. me and my sisters and probably others as well?) don t call him "uncle charles", we call him uncle chuck. similarly, we have an aunt whose real name is cynthia, but we don t call her "aunt cynthia" we call her aunt cindy. what i m... show more some context: i have an uncle whose name is charles, but we (i.e. me and my sisters and probably others as well?) don t call him "uncle charles", we call him uncle chuck. similarly, we have an aunt whose real name is cynthia, but we don t call her "aunt cynthia" we call her aunt cindy. what i m suggesting here is that similarly to how you wouldn t use cursed objects cause they re, ya know, cursed, we don t use those names cause they re cursed to use. like they don t feel right rolling off the tongue, ya dig? like i call my grandmother and grandfather "mamaw" and "papaw" respectively and i once accidentally called my papaw "grandpa" and i felt something in my soul pass away. it s like that

and yes, you could argue that cindy and chuck papaw are nicknames, and you might be right if we actually called them by their real names/titles ever, but we don t so they aren t.
Update: i need to clarify some things: "cursed names" in this context are not gonna apply to every other person who hold the names that i consider cursed. i have a friend whose name is cynthia and her name isn't cursed, but in reference to my aunt, "cynthia" is definitely cursed. cursed names for... show more i need to clarify some things: "cursed names" in this context are not gonna apply to every other person who hold the names that i consider cursed. i have a friend whose name is cynthia and her name isn't cursed, but in reference to my aunt, "cynthia" is definitely cursed. cursed names for you are gonna be different than they are for me.
also i'm taking a very liberal use of the word "cursed", i'm using it in the frame of, "this doesn't quite feel right" not like cursed by satan
Update 2: the reason i'm using the word "cursed" instead of like "off putting" or something is cause when i use those names i feel my stomach curl in on itself, a shiver going up my spine, and wanting to go scrub out my tongue. i've never come into contact with any actual cursed objects, i feel... show more the reason i'm using the word "cursed" instead of like "off putting" or something is cause when i use those names i feel my stomach curl in on itself, a shiver going up my spine, and wanting to go scrub out my tongue. i've never come into contact with any actual cursed objects, i feel like that's what the feeling of a cursed object feels like.