There is a mouse problem in my house and my parents are ignoring it?

I am only 17 and I dont have a job. My room is in the basement and I caught about 2 mice already and seen 3 more in the storage room. (Btw my room is clean and tidy )Yet my parents are doing nothing about it. They won t buy traps or call a professional. We moved into this house 2 years ago and since the first night... show more I am only 17 and I dont have a job. My room is in the basement and I caught about 2 mice already and seen 3 more in the storage room. (Btw my room is clean and tidy
)Yet my parents are doing nothing about it. They won t buy traps or call a professional. We moved into this house 2 years ago and since the first night I ve been hearing mice in the walls and now they re starting to make appearances. The house has many holes in the walls, from both outside and inside. The holes were there when we moved in and my parents have made no move to seal them, hence the mice. What can i do to get rid of them or make my parents take this seriously. Since they(my parents) don t go to the basement often they see no need to rush to fix the mouse problem.
Update: **i am 19. sorry for that typo