Heck asked in HealthWomen's Health · 3 years ago

My tampon won t go in?

When I first got my period a little over 3 years ago, I could put a tampon in fine. My first time putting in a tampon and it seemed super simple, but I don t usually wear tampons. So for about 2 years I ve been using just pads. I ve tried using tampons since my cycle 2 months ago. Every time I ve tried to put one in, it would never go in or it wouldn t go in all the way and was uncomfortable. It s really frustrating because I don t want to have to worry about blood stains on my pants when I sit down. I ve gone through almost an entire box of tampons from trying to insert them.

• Edna

Use the tampons with a cardboard applicator. The ones with the applicator are easier to insert than are the ones without an applicator. Plus, you won't get your fingers messy.

you may have one in already or something has changed in your anatomy.

It will be uncomfortable at first, but you'll get use to it.

• Leanne

That's because they don't work for everyone. I had the same issue a few years back and cut my vagina and it was bleeding, another time I tried I was in terrible pain. Tampons are the most unhealthy and most dangerous type of sanitary product to use. Just wear your comfy and safe and hygienic pads.

Try pushing fingers in first