Pregnant in final year of uni?

Hi.

I found out 2 days ago that I’m 4 weeks pregnant, at age 20 in my final year of my teaching degree

My boyfriend wants me to get an abortion but I’m unsure...

As a student, I currently don’t have a job and my boyfriend has a decent job but he’s currentky training for another one. When he gets his new job he’ll initially have to take a pay cut.

I go on placement January - March and I finish my course in May, probably due to have the baby in June or July.

I’d have to put my NQT year on pause, so I’d have no money for even longer, and I’d have to rely on my boyfriend. My boyfriend would be paying for two adults, a house and this baby.

My family would be so disappointed as well

We don’t live together yet but are planning on doing this when I finish uni. I know it’d sensible to get an abortion and every factor says I should, but I don’t really know if I want to.

I just need advice from anyone who’s ever been in a similar situation, or anyone else who wants to offer it! So sorry it’s all a bit of a ramble :(

Thanks in advance!

It's better to have kids younger imo. I'm 7 weeks along, and I'm 33 years old. If I had a kid at your age, he/she would already be 13 years old - and that'd be great. What ever you pick, remember if you do keep the baby, you will be this person's world for a long long time. It's very rewarding, but hard work. Is it possible your mom or family can help you? If so - more help, it's much easier. You can do it. If you don't have much help.. that can be hard. If you don't keep it, no shame in that. You will still be able to have kids later on. It just depends - look around you, plenty of people have kids. All ages, all incomes, all sizes. Also plenty of people have had abortions - it depends on what -you- want.

DO NOT ABORT!! People think abortion is so simple... iTS NOT OKAY!! it hurts, it can make you feel depressed, it can cause health issues as well as the possibility of not being able to have children. Things can go wrong!!. Go with your gut and keep this precious child. Your boyfriend came in you knowing the consequences and and you had unprotected sex with him. Who is more important? your future son or daughter or your boyfriend that hasn't married you yet?. It's people who are dying to have a child. Please don't do this. Forget how your parents will feel they will get over it TRUST ME. It's what you want sweetie. I've been in your shoes and unfortunately went the easy way out and it scarred me. I have a beautiful 5 year old now and ttc another, but I still think about the what iF's of keeping my other child almost everyday. It hurts and no one has To go through that pain but you!!! Hope you do what you feel is best 😘😘 good luck and keep posted PLEASE!!!

For a girl at Uni in a situation like this? Sounds like you're just going to end up in a box house, with no father involved, pushing a buggy down the street on your own.

Why people allow themselves to get into these situations is beyond me.

I mean, a girl wouldn't allow herself to smell bad in social situations, but they will allow their reputations to go from high to a complete low. Women are strange!