Do criminals think about what they did after they hurt someone.?

Two weeks ago I was set up by this guy I had been talkin two for months. I really liked him to the point that I started catching feelings. Two weeks ago he had me to meet him so we could hangout since we hadn’t seen each other in a while. I drove to the apts he asked me to come to and a soon as I got out of my car... show more Two weeks ago I was set up by this guy I had been talkin two for months. I really liked him to the point that I started catching feelings. Two weeks ago he had me to meet him so we could hangout since we hadn’t seen each other in a while. I drove to the apts he asked me to come to and a soon as I got out of my car he started punching me in the face. I was so shocked of why he is he doing this to me. He then put me in a choke hold and tried to put me unconscious. I begged and begged for him to let me go until he did. He pushed me to the ground and took off with my car and phone. Til this day I can’t stop thinking about it and try to understand how could he do that to me. This leads to my question do criminals think about what they did when they committ a crime or hurt someone?