Question about potential court fees for upcoming court date?

Hi guys! I have a question about potential Court fees. Recently, I was in a semi bad car accident. No one was hurt but my car as well as the other guys car was completely totaled. I was at fault. I fell asleep driving home from work and hit him and I did not have any insurance. I am trying to be as prepared as... show more Hi guys!

I have a question about potential Court fees.

Recently, I was in a semi bad car accident. No one was hurt but my car as well as the other guys car was completely totaled. I was at fault. I fell asleep driving home from work and hit him and I did not have any insurance.

I am trying to be as prepared as I can be for my court date. What I am wondering about is any potential court fees that I will have to pay on the day of my trial. I also do realize that there is the possibility that I will leave the court house in a pair of hand cuffs but all the research I have done indicates that it will likely only be a fine given that I do not have a previous record of any kind.

If it makes a difference, I live in Michigan. The other guy involved in the accident has informed me that he does not intend to press any charges. So for this question I am only wondering about any potential fees that I may need to pay on my court date. I have researched this but I get very different and conflicting answers from every source I find.

And if I do need to pay a fee, does it need to be paid in cash or will the court take a debit card?

Thank you in advance.