Should I get my own router?

I actually have three questions to put here... here are the other two: 2. What should I get? 3. Will a wireless modem interfere with other devices' RF? My whole household uses AT&T U-verse and let me just say, it's complete trash. My download speed is a cool 2mbps. Because of this, I'm thinking... show more I actually have three questions to put here... here are the other two:

2. What should I get?

3. Will a wireless modem interfere with other devices' RF?

My whole household uses AT&T U-verse and let me just say, it's complete trash. My download speed is a cool 2mbps. Because of this, I'm thinking of purchasing a router of my own to go in my room where I have an Xbox One.
So that brings me to the second question. What should I get? I don't want anything over $200, but I do want something fairly powerful. I don't know much about this kind of thing, but I did some research and found that the NETGEAR Nighthawk is a good bet.
The Nighthawk is wireless, so obviously it uses RF. But both my controller and headset are wireless. Will it affect them? I've heard of other people having connection problems.