My husband and I applied for this apartment and were denied because of his debt. I don t know how we re going to rent anywhere.?

My husband and I recently applied for an apartment. I was told my credit check came out fine and I was approved but my husband wasn t because something on his credit report showed up on his rental history. The apartment denied us based on his score. We asked if it were possible if I was the lease holder and he was... show more My husband and I recently applied for an apartment. I was told my credit check came out fine and I was approved but my husband wasn t because something on his credit report showed up on his rental history. The apartment denied us based on his score. We asked if it were possible if I was the lease holder and he was the occupant but they stayed we couldn t do that. The leasing agent did however ask the manager about us renting and gave us a deposit 2x the rent based on my husband credit. I was a little annoyed because they only considered his and mine wasn t anyways. We ve talked about and still trying to make a decision. I found this other apartment however which allowes one adult to be the lease holder and the other just as an occupant. I wonder if we should go with that or if we would be denied again and yes my husband is working very hard to clear this debt.