Is my landlord allowed to remove appliances?

My roommate and I are moving out at the end of the month (September) and our landlord texted us yesterday saying the city is coming by to inspect the basement suite we rent out as someone has reported it as an illegal suite. He informed me he is coming by to remove the stove and microwave and the following day is... show more My roommate and I are moving out at the end of the month (September) and our landlord texted us yesterday saying the city is coming by to inspect the basement suite we rent out as someone has reported it as an illegal suite. He informed me he is coming by to remove the stove and microwave and the following day is when the inspection is taking place. I am unsure what to do at this point, my roommate and I believe we are entitled to our September's month rent returned as he is removing appliances not even half way through the month. I have tried looking on the Landlord Tenant Act website and had trouble finding specific information. This is only one of many on going disputes with our landlord and seeing as we are still quite young we don't have a lot of knowledge on what to do going forward.
Any feedback is appreciated.
13 answers 13