Lost car means lost job. Is temporary unemployment possible for me?

Hi guys! Got a bit of an issue here. I was recently involved in a car accident and now my car is totaled. Not fixable at all. The problem aside from that is that with no car I am losing my job. I cannot afford to go without pay and I am frantically looking for work that is within walking or biking distance. The... show more Hi guys!

Got a bit of an issue here.

I was recently involved in a car accident and now my car is totaled. Not fixable at all. The problem aside from that is that with no car I am losing my job. I cannot afford to go without pay and I am frantically looking for work that is within walking or biking distance. The job that I am about to lose is far too far away to get to on a bike. It was an hour drive for me to get to it. No way that I can do that on a bike.

What I am looking to do is see if there is a way to get unemployment until I find a job that I can get to. Is this possible? Has anyone reading this dealt with a situation like this before? And I should mention that I am still employed by my current employer I simply have no way to get to work and will be losing the job because of that.

Thank you in advance.