louise asked in TravelSpainIslas Canarias · 2 years ago

What to take on self catering holiday to Playa Del Ingles in Gran Canaria?

I am going self catering to Playa Del Ingles on 4th Oct for a week with my mother. We are meeting my auntie an friend there I am wondering what to take as in food. We are taking mini sachets of sauses and salts and sugars and some mini boxes of cereal and cool bags with ham and cheese over. What else should we take and any tips?

• John P

Forget the ham and the cheese. You can buy both locally, and they might be prohibited imports. Sure, the local ham etc might taste a bit different, but why go abroad if you are not prepared for different experiences?

In fact all that you list is available locally, probably even the cereal. Don't get your holiday off to a bad start by having the food which you take with you confiscated before you leave the airport.

• zafir

Surely you can buy food when you arrive? You will find it's much nicer and fresher than anything you bring from home. And don't bring animal products such ham and cheese as these will be confiscated.

Why are you taking food? There are shops there.

• louise2 years agoReport

We are only taking what I mentioned. And we are on a budget and I heard that the ham/cheese is expensive

Nothing, eat out it is cheaper

Money, so you can buy food