Is it weird for a woman to not mind the damsel in distress trope?

My girlfriend says she doesn't mind the damsel in distress trope. I'm surprised considering a lot of women seem to hate that trope. Is she the only woman that doesn't mind it?

• LizB

Those of us who dislike it get annoyed because it's lazy and cliche. We all grew up with old Disney princess movies, so by the time we're older we're already bored of the same old same old. In fairness, we feel the same way about one-dimensional male characters, too.

Women do like playing the victim.

You know, switch it up a bit. Some women can be the damsel in distress, some can be heroines, others can villains, etc.

• Dooby

I have to guess what the hell a trope is, only know my own BS words.

... from my guess - she's female and not afraid to be female.

No. There's nothing necessarily wrong with it.

I think most women just want to see a variety of female characters rather than the same archetype over and over again. You know, switch it up a bit. Some women can be the damsel in distress, some can be heroines, others can villains, etc.