The Ten Commandments are almost universal if you view them in an allegorical way - do you think so?

The Jews had to suffer intensely before they were made aware of the Ten Commandments given to Moses on Mount Sinai - while the explicit meaning of these commands is obvious - the implicit meaning is much harder to understand For example - how do you honour a parent who forces you to worship other gods? How do you... show more The Jews had to suffer intensely before they were made aware of the Ten Commandments given to Moses on Mount Sinai - while the explicit meaning of these commands is obvious - the implicit meaning is much harder to understand

For example - how do you honour a parent who forces you to worship other gods? How do you honour a parent who tries to sell your body to strangers for money? How do you honour a parent who lies and blames all their personal failures on you? My parents haven't done all of those things but they did some of them.

To understand how the ten commandments applies in ever case - that is the trick of the bible and why it took the Israelites 440 years of slavery to figure things out.

It took over 11 years for me to figure out what the Ten Commandments mean.

And then it took another 8 years for me figure out what the 12 Laws of Honour are by studying an allegorical interpretation of Deut 27 and then applying that to other cultures and nations that also hold the number 12 to be sacred.

I think the 12 Laws of Witnessing are just as binding if not more binding then the Ten Commandments and easier to keep too - but it is harder to understand.