Fast food workers in the United States! How do you input orders into the cash registers? How do you know what buttons to press?

Do you have a sign that shows you what button is what? Here's an example of a detailed order: Large Big Mac meal, 2 double cheeseburgers, one with no pickles, no onions, no ketchup, no mustard, but add shredded lettuce, tomato, and mayo. The other cheeseburger everything but add leaf lettuce, tomato, and... show more Do you have a sign that shows you what button is what?

Here's an example of a detailed order:

Large Big Mac meal, 2 double cheeseburgers, one with no pickles, no onions, no ketchup, no mustard, but add shredded lettuce, tomato, and mayo. The other cheeseburger everything but add leaf lettuce, tomato, and mayo. Also a Large Double Quarter Pounder with cheese meal, but add leaf lettuce, tomato, and mayo.

How would you input that order into the register? There's no possible way all of the workers have a bunch of unlabeled buttons memorized for each and every thing, especially when they're not just combo numbers, but all of these special requests for holding and adding ingredients.

The reason I ask this question is because I need a job and am wondering if I can handle a fast food job.

Also please tell me what fast food restaurant you worked at for the method you input orders into the cash register! Since different companies have different rules and policies!