I just can't understand how theists can accept that an all-knowing, all-powerful, complex god exists for the sake of existing?

Yet are dumbfounded by the idea that energy and matter, which can exist in very simple states, has always existed. One thing is true, we exist now. If NOTHING existed, none of us would be here to experience it (stating the obvious, I know). Since we're here, it's clear that something has ALWAYS... show more Yet are dumbfounded by the idea that energy and matter, which can exist in very simple states, has always existed.

One thing is true, we exist now. If NOTHING existed, none of us would be here to experience it (stating the obvious, I know). Since we're here, it's clear that something has ALWAYS existed.

How the heck is an all-powerful, all-knowing, complex god the more likely thing??? I mean, are you really thinking about the gravity of this tall order is?? For absolutely no reason at all, a sentient being exists EVERYWHERE up to infinity!! And always has, since infinity!!

I mean you say "no way life could ever eventually start to form", yet you say an all-powerful God could have just always existed with no beginning?? What?! And it's just, like, "Well, yeah, duh! He is God!"

It's ludicrous! How can anyone believe this??