How much do I pay as an independent contractor for a salary amount of $48000 (estimated)?

I'll be doing uber as a secondary job as I already have an employer full time job. (School don't pay for itself). I expect with hard work (and anecdotal evidence from various personal relationship with other uber drivers) to make $1K a week. I want to know how to get an estimated amount or what is the... show more I'll be doing uber as a secondary job as I already have an employer full time job. (School don't pay for itself). I expect with hard work (and anecdotal evidence from various personal relationship with other uber drivers) to make $1K a week. I want to know how to get an estimated amount or what is the percentage an independent contractor must calculate for when it's time to pay taxes. This doesn't have just apply for uber but I'm starting it. I also live in NYC if that helps.